* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Sunday, February 25, 2007

    Barbara Walters Oscar Special

    Tonight is Barbara's Oscar Special at 7pm ET on ABC and Jennifer Hudson is one of the guest on the Special along with Eddie Murphy. Supposedly, Jennifer sings "And I am Telling You" for the first time. This is an excerpt from an article by The Journal Gazette discussing the special:

    “I think this is one of the best shows we’ve had,” Walters says. “We’ve got a great cast, and there are things that made us almost sit up and applaud. Often when you’re doing an interview and you ask someone to sing a little something, they’ll say, ‘Oh, no, I’m sorry. I don’t have my music or my arranger.’ Well, Jennifer Hudson just opened her mouth, and this sound came out! We were staggered.”

    Hudson sings the show-stopping “Dreamgirls” number “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” for Walters, who declares it “the first time people who have not seen the film (or the stage show) will hear it. Her story is like the one in ‘Dreamgirls,’ about the girl who’s told she can’t make it, then gets the biggest part there is.”

    Click here for the full article. I don't think she will sing the whole song and it seems to be an impromptu performance rather than something that was planned. However, I could be wrong which would be a good thing because there's soem doubters out there who don't think Jennifer can pull the song off live. I know she can and I can't wait to watch all teh action tonight.So make sure you set your tivo's. The special airs tonight at 7pm ET on ABC and 11pm on the West coast following the Oscars.

    Comments on "Barbara Walters Oscar Special"

     

    post a comment