* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, November 07, 2006

    Oprah Update!

    Someone who attended the Oprah taping today left a comment about the taping.

    "I was at the Oprah taping today. In addition we got to see a preview of Dreamgirls last night. It was WONDERFUL! The singing is phenomenal especially Jennifer Hudson. WOW!! Beyonce, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Hudson, Eddie Murphy and Anika Noni Rose were all there. Beyonce performed one song at the end of the show. There was no Oprah after the show unfortunately."

    When I asked about the air date of the episode anonymous said

    "The 20th.....quote me ;-)"

    I am assuming that means November 20th, correct me if I'm wrong anonymous.

    Comments on "Oprah Update!"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

    "Beyonce performed one song at the end of the show"

    Listen or a B'Day one?

    Love the blog!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

    I was there and Beyonce looked beautiful and she sung Listen and it was done in the most supreme way. Make sure you see her performance on Oprah.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

    Yes, 20th of November

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

    I mean I love jennifer hudson to death..................but it seriously disturbs me that she is stealing all the glory.................I mean i know I am telling u is gr8t and all but i dont think its a show stopper........deena's songs are show stopper's............................I am not Hatin' on hudson she is gr8t as hell.........I just feel they should credit beyonce more as far as news articles go/publicity stuff!!!love ur blog........been visiting it since february...........keep up the fantastic work!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

    Jennifer Hudson is nsturally going to steal Beyonce's thunder. I mean...look at the 1982 Tony awards...Jennifer Holliday did the same thing to Sheryl Lee Ralph. It's the nature of the beast. Effie is just more of a victim in this show and movie than Deena. So...just because you are a fan of Beyonce....doesn't mean you should begrudge Jennifer any press. I am ashamed that they didn't put her name above the credits...I think Beyonce, Jennifer and Anika should be listed above the credits... I mean...they ARE the Dreamgirls. I'm still confused as to how Anonymous doesn't call "And I'm Telling You" a showstopper. It is so much bigger than "Listen" will ever be. And that is no discredit to Beyonce's singing. It's just the song is much more of a journey...and not a ploy to sell radio time and records.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

    Why wasn't anything announced? I am blocks away from Harpo Studios and I couldn't go!!!!!!!!! :-(

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

    Please tell they didn't try to bombard beyonce with questions about her personal life did they? I hope they were able to talk about the movie in depth. I think Jennifer and beyonce support one another so there is no need to compare the two. Enjoy this monumental movie moment instead of seperating the stars in one way or another.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

    I cannot wait untill the 20th! I agree with anonymous with the fact thay beyonce should get more credit than Jenn. I mean....... I like Jenn but besides "and I am telling you" there is nothing that show-stopping. Deena's songs are great! ( " One Night Only" and "listen" Dec.25 is taking forever.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

    They didn't tell us at Oprah when the show would air - they didn't know yet. They said we just had to watch for it.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

    Beyonce is going to be on trl tomorrow thursday. Just in case anyone didn't know.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

    I saw the Oprah Screening for DREAMGIRLS the other night as well and the entire cast is PHENOMENAL!The moment Jennifer Hudson hit the screen it was obvious to any and everyone that she was a force to be reckoned with she was obviously the better choice than rumored Fantasia Bureno, I loved Beyonce as Deena she was so Diana Ross! and her performances were great as well.... BUT after seeing this movie Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Jose Feliciano AND Dianne Shurr can see that this movie supposedly made to catupult Ms. Knowles career to another level will do it Two fold with Ms. Hudson as she has truly made her mark in this OUTSTANDING FILM!

     

    Blogger juiicySCOOP said ... (10:37 AM) : 

    OH I'm glad I didn't miss this, It hought I had! I can't wait!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

    what was the song called beyonce sang on the oprah show at the end it was wonderful? - Norma

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 AM) : 

    Great blog!

    Beyonce's performance on Oprah (which I've watche dnow about 20 times on my DVR and 50 on youtube) was hands down, the best performance of her career.

    I can't wait to see the movie. Thanks for this blog.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

    I THINK THAT BOTH OF THESE GIRLS ARE VERY TALENTED AND IF BEYONCE IS JEALOUS SHE HAS A RIGHT TO BE AS LONG AS SHE'D BEEN WORKING ON ACTING longer THAN JENN has.jenn IS A NEWcomer.

     

    post a comment