* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Sunday, July 30, 2006

    Whitney is telling you...

    Here is a clip of Whitney Houston from back in the day singing a few Broadway songs. About fourty seconds into the video she starts to sing "And I am Telling You". At some point tin time I believe Whitney was suppose to be in DREAMGIRLS. I heard that she wanted not only to sing Deena songs but she also wanted to sing THE SONG. Obviously things didn't work out but what do you think of Whitney's rendition? Now you know Nippy can sing but no one does it like Ms. Holiday. With Whitney's version I think "She sounds great, she sang that song" with Holiday's version I think, "This woman really is here to stay. Curtis better not mess around and get beat down." Anyway, enjoy.

    Comments on "Whitney is telling you..."

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 PM) : 

    This is difficult... I still got chills from Whitney, but for different reasons. Basically Whitney is letting you know that you ain't going nowhere, and Jennifer is pleading with every fiber of her being. Both are intense, captivating, amazing and far beyond my talents...

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

    i agree with the person above. i love the power of jennifer's voice... but whitney does it more than justice. yes, this whitney also sends chills up my spine and she does it in a way and with an arrangement that only whitney can. we miss you whitney.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

    This is why I miss old Whitney. This was recorded when Houston was in her prime. It's just as good as Jennifer Holliday's original version, but just a different rendition. I can't wait to see what Jennifer Hudson does.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

    God bless Whitney. Her voice does something to me too, literally gives me chills. I finished the clip with tears in my eyes. We really go miss you Nippy. God help her please...

     

    post a comment