* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Friday, December 29, 2006

    MTV Podcast: The Curse of Effie White

    I don't think there is a curse but a lot of people do. Anyway, check out this great video from MTV about the curse of Effie White and if Jennifer Hudson can get past it.

    Comments on "MTV Podcast: The Curse of Effie White"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

    Jen Hud will survive! I know this!

     

    Blogger dcleo1515 said ... (2:11 PM) : 

    I totally agree with you. JHud will survive and become a big music star.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

    Have loved Jennifer since the momment I saw her audition for American Idol. She awesome and I am glad the rest of the world is finally seeing that. She is going to be a huge success.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

    Jennifer Hudson has utilized her options very wisely from the start. I have no doubt that she will be come the next great musical star.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

    Jennifer Hudson has family support and a good attitude. I am worried about her signing with Clive Davis especially since he did not want her at first. Hopefully, she will make better choices in her career and it will stop the Effie curse in it's tracks.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

    Jennifer Hudson will be very successful as a singer and an actress. In reading the reviews and watching the film, I am very disappointed that she is up for best supporting actress instead of BEST ACTRESS. Who was she supporting???? She was the BEST in the movie. No disrespect to Beyonce, but I think the only reason she is up for best actress is because of her already-made fame. It really bothered me that every time they showed a preview, they would not mention Jennifer Hudson's name, it was always Beyonce, Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy!!! I think she made the film. Beyonce did well in the film, but she didn't come close to Hudson's performance. Just incredible! Jennifer Holiday won BEST ACTRESS in the film. Jennifer Hudson did just as well as Jennifer Holiday, if not better! Very impressed. Sounds like an Oscar to me!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 AM) : 

    Jennifer no doubt is amazing...she will get past the so called curse. She is the voice of our generation. JHUD IS PERFORMING TOMORROW 12/30 AT THE HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM IN NY, 311 W. 34TH ST. TICKETS ARE $100 PLUS TAX AT THE DOOR. THE EVENT STARTS AT 10PM-4AM. ORDER TICTKETS AT SAINT AT LARGE. PUT THIS UP ON THE BLOG!! SHE IS THE ONLY SINGING ACT!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 AM) : 

    JHud has no "diva attitude", she's one of the sweetest human beings there is. I know she will survive and we will be out there with her to bring her where she belongs, THE TOP!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

    I'm torn on whether there's an Effie curse. See...the problem with debuting with a big role like Effie White is, you're probably debuting at your career's peak--sorta like what happened to Jennifer Holliday. After that big break, there aren't as many options in terms of moving up so much as there are in terms of moving down. But if I remember my other DREAMGIRLS articles right, Jennifer Hudson knew this full well when she jumped into this project, so I think she's fully prepared to take just this movie if that's all she's meant to have.

    On the other hand, Jennifer Hudson is such a fabulous actress. So talented! And as others have said here, she's so down-to-earth. So REAL in a world of fakers in the entertainment world. In her interviews, she's almost always nervous. Even when she was doing "And I Am Telling You (I'm Not Going)," I could see how very real she was. I noticed how her hands were shaking pretty badly in the last half of the song because she was so upset. It's the little things like that that make me admire her and tell me that she's going to have more great projects after DREAMGIRLS. At the very least, she should have an excellent recording career. But she's perfect for movies as well, so here's hopin' for the best for her...! :D

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

    I think that Because its the golden globes both girls might lose. I mean I was confident at first but the way people are talking, no one has Beyonce or Jennifer in mind. i Wwould be mad if neither won, because Jennnifer was brillant and blew me away and Beyonce is my girl and I looved her actind and costumes in the movie, but I do think Beyonce will win for Best Song, Listten was really good!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

    Jennifer is ALL THAT and more. I have no doubt that she will reach higher hights in the years to come. The woman is AWESOME. I love me some Jennifer!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

    Jennifer is ALL THAT and more. I have no doubt that she will reach higher hights in the years to come. The woman is AWESOME. I love me some Jennifer!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

    Jennifer was awesome!!!! She is so talented. Very impresed!!! I honestly think she will have a very successful career in the music industry. She is the one to break the curse. I also agree with one of the comments about "listen" winning best song. Although,Jennifer without a doubt impressed us all with her amazing voice, Beyonce's song listen was also a great performance in the movie. I love that song. Great job to Jennifer and Beyonce. You both have great voices!!!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

    Great movie! I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope Jennifer does win for Best Supporting Actress for the Golden Globes even though she seemed to be the main character in the movie. I also think Beyonce should win Best Song for "Listen." Jamie, Anika, Danny and all others did well too. I noticed that they took the love scene out with Jennifer and Jamie. It was on Oprah as one of the scenes, but I didn't see it in the movie. I guess it was a deleted scene!!!!
    Kudos to the cast!!! Jennifer, by far, stole the show in the movie with "I am telling you." You go girl!!!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

    Jennifer Holidays curse was her body. She like the character Effie did not have the cross-over appeal that would sell records. Although she was/is incredibly talented. I do not see this happening in Jennifer Hudson's case, if she is careful and maintains her weight. We all know sex sells. There are many talented people who get no where near the recognition they deserve because of their appearance. Hopefully this time, amazing, raw talent will prevail. She deserves this and so much more!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

    Please, say it ain't so. I am bummed. Jennifer's preformance was mind-blowing. I think she will be a premeire performer for many years to come

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

    jen did a great job in the movie and i have to agree with some of yall who said she was the main character but they are saying she had a supporting role that is a load of crap. she was the lead and they need to give her all of her props. beyonce was okay but just not lead.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM) : 

    Ok!!!as a performer, you need to understand casting. Although the preception is clouded....Jen H, rose far above the expectations of a supporting Actress. The story of Dream Girls seems to focus on the character "Deena"s rises from a background singer aka; Diana Ross to a lead singer/solo act (Byeonce)'s pefomance is equally justified. I think that most of us identified with the personal struggles of the character "Effie" and let's not forget the outstanding performance of Anokie, also equally outstanding and supporting as well. The pubic confusion about these amazing performances will always be the subject of coversations for year.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

    I only have 2 words to describe Dreamgirls… Fa… and Bu. This movie exceeded all of my expectations, and they were high to begin with. The cast was great. Danny Glover played his character perfectly he deserves an Oscar nod. What can I say about Jennifer Hudson that has not been said? With this her first role she has shown that she has the chops to become a major player in both Hollywood and the music world. Best of all she doesn’t seem to be allowing this to go to her head. She seems as down to earth as she did when she auditioned for American Idol. She has shown exceptional grace that is often lacking in the entertainment world. Wurk it gurl!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

    Whew! Can we say Jennifer Hudson can SANG!!! She tore it up on that movie. She almost made Beyonce sound like she was strugglin', but Beyonce can sing too, but not as strong and powerful and soulful as Jennifer Hudson.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 PM) : 

    I'm probably not the only one, but I kinda cried when she sang "and i'm telling you". Powerful voices like that make me do that...beautiful, just beautiful!

     

    post a comment