* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, November 14, 2006

    Ny Post and Denzel speak on it

    Liz Smith of the NY Post wrote a little blurb on DREAMGIRLS in her column. Here's an excerpt:

    "One thing is certain - everybody expects big box-office results from "Dreamgirls." Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson and Anika Noni Rose are on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. It's one of those photos that makes you stop and go, "Whoa!" In the EW piece, director Bill Condon pointedly remarks on Beyoncé's screen character, Deena Jones: "She is not Diana Ross. This is not a biopic." Nowadays, Diana and the Supremes connection doesn't resonate as it did when "Dreamgirls" was a Broadway smash more than 20 years ago. It's all lacquer and sequins under the bridge now. "
    Click here to read the full column.

    Denzel also commented on DREAMGIRLS in an article on moviesonline.com. Here's the excerpt:

    Q: Ever had déjà vu with romance?

    DW: I don't know. You know what? I had one today. I'm going to get the mail out of the mailbox, and I'm walking around and I'm out on the street by my front gate, and I've got a feeling somebody's going to drive by, so I just stood out there, and a white truck comes by and it stops, and it backs up, and it's Eddie Murphy. And I just had a feeling somebody was — I'll just stand here another second. And it wasn't 10 seconds he drove by and gave me the whole scoop on "Dreamgirls." He said the girl is stealing the movie. What's her name?

    A journalist shouts out ‘Jennifer Hudson.’

    DW: Okay. (laughs) That's her name. Does she? Have you seen it? Has anybody seen it yet? So she's good. They said she stops the movie, and the applause, as was the case for those of you, like myself, who saw Jennifer Holliday, it was an amazing moment in the theatre.

    Click here to read the full interview.

    Source: Thanks Aasahc, and Jg67

    Comments on "Ny Post and Denzel speak on it"

     

    post a comment