* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Thursday, February 01, 2007

    Hudson on the cover of Essence

    Jennifer performing "Love You I do" on Oprah.
    Be sure to look out for this issue of Essence.


    About the article:

    Jennifer Hudson has won Golden Globe and SAG awards – and is up for an Oscar – for her role in Dreamgirls – despite what she describes as an abusive experience on American Idol.

    "On American Idol, you go through this mental thing; you've got to get yourself back together. You've been abused, misled and brainwashed to believe whatever they want you to think," Hudson, 25, tells the new issue of Essence.

    "You become a character – I became the girl in the turkey wrapping." (On one episode, she wore an unflattering outfit that earned that label.) "I just knew I had to sing my way out of it. I don't believe in looking back, and I didn't look back."

    Hudson also dismisses rumors that there was tension on the Dreamgirls set between herself and costar Beyoncé Knowles. "We clicked from day one," she says.

    She says she, Knowles and their fellow Dreamgirl Anika Noni Rose bonded over the fact that they're all Virgos, and all have a mole in the same spot on the left side of their necks.

    "It's amazing to me that God took three different women from three different walks of life and created the Dreamgirls," Hudson says. "We were meant to be together. When you look at us, you see it's all connected. I'm loving Beyoncé."

    Knowles has also dismissed feud rumors, telling reporters in December: "It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. ... Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am."

    Source: Ohnotheydidin't

    Comments on "Hudson on the cover of Essence"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 AM) : 

    She was amazing on oprah! I love her!

     

    Blogger Kamila said ... (4:23 PM) : 

    Great performance on Oprah by Jennifer.

    And, as Oprah said on her show, people only talk about a possible feud between Jennifer and Beyonce because they are women. The press would never say that there is a feud between Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx. This rumours are just ridiculous.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

    great job J hud

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

    myspace com

     

    Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said ... (11:07 AM) : 

    Nice little blog you have going here.

    I just saw DREAMGIRLS last night and loved it!! I've blogged about it here ICL's review of Dreamgirls (and linked this site).

    I am very surprised that it did not get a best picture Oscar nod.

    I liked it so much that I'm thinking of going to see it again with me daughters (I went with me husband ~ He liked it too!)

    I've added this site to my bloglines and will be looking forward to more updates!

    Good job~
    ~ICL~

     

    post a comment