* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Wednesday, November 01, 2006

    OBC Remastered and Rereleased!

    The Original Broadway Cast recording of DREAMGIRLS is being remastered and rereleased. The cd is being labeled as the special edition. Hopefully, that means some bonus tracks. There is no tracklisting or cd cover on the site right now but I'm sure that will change in a couple weeks. It's being released on November 21st and is up for pre-order right now on amazon.com. Click here for more information.

    Now the DREAMGIRLS movie soundtrack (Collector's Edition) is also up for pre-order at Amazon.com. Here is the tracklisting for the double disc.


    Disc: 1
    1. I'm Lookin' For Something
    2. Goin' Downtown
    3. Takin' The Long Way Home
    4. Move
    5. Fake Your Way To The Top
    6. Big (Instrumental)
    7. Cadillac Car
    8. Steppin' To The Bad Side
    9. Love You I Do
    10. I Want You Baby
    11. Family
    12. Dreamgirls
    13. Heavy
    14. It's All Over
    15. And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going


    Disc: 2
    1. I'm Somebody
    2. When I First Saw You
    3. Patience
    4. I Am Changing
    5. Perfect World
    6. I Meant You No Harm/Jimmy's Rap
    7. Lorrell Loves Jimmy/Family (Reprise)
    8. Step On Over
    9. I Miss You Old Friend
    10. Effie, Sing My Song (*Bonus Track)
    11. One Night Only
    12. One Night Only (Disco)
    13. Listen
    14. Hard To Say Goodbye
    15. Dreamgirls (Finale)
    16. Curtain Call
    17. Family (End Title)
    18. When I First Saw You (Duet)
    19. One Night Only (Dance Mix/*Bonus Track)
    20. And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going (Dance Mix/*Bonus Track)
    21. Patience (Composer Demo/*Bonus Track)

    I already posted the tracklisting for the single disc. Scroll down and you should see it. To reorder the double disc from amzon.com click here.

    Comments on "OBC Remastered and Rereleased!"

     

    Blogger EOZ said ... (11:21 AM) : 

    that's awesome. i'm so glad to see so many songs from the broadway production. can't wait to get the cd!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

    Just 2 questions: Is it a limited edition? & Can I will find it in France?

     

    Blogger DREAMGIRLS said ... (2:25 PM) : 

    Pakytha are you refering to the double disc because it's not a limited edition. It's a special edition.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

    Yes i was. Okay, so i have a chance to find it here (I hope)!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

    the song 'ain't no party' sung by lorell was not on the track list!
    that's one of the best song in the show!
    i was lookin forward to hear anika noni rose sing that song.
    loretta divine sung the heck out of the song from the original bway show.
    i hope they did justice to that in the movie.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

    "ain't no party" is not in the movie, they cut it so as "press conference"...

     

    post a comment