* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Thursday, November 16, 2006

    Dreamgirls Screening


    Last night was incredible. Bill Condon really did a great job, not only was the original story line still in tact but he added some layers to the second half to really make the characters and story more complete. It was truly entertaining and a wonderful ride last night. It was beautiful to watch and hear. Eveything was top notch, from the costumes to the music. Most of all the audience was very engaged with the film. We laughed, cheered, and I think I even heard a few sniffles.

    The acting all around was great, the casting was definitely on spot. But the true revelation in this film is Jennifer Hudson. From the moment she walks on screen she just owns it. She is Effie through and through. If she is not nominated I will be very surprised. Eddie Murphy is another highlight in the film, he owns the scenes he's in as well and I wish I could have seen more of him in the film. Beyonce did a good job as well, her growth as an actress really showed during the second half of the film. Anika Noni rose was a joy to watch and she stole a couple of moments herself. Jamie Foxx played Curtis cool and calm but with a dark edge. I liked that approach and Jamie played it perfectly.

    Overall, this is a must see. I will be in the theatre watching it again on Christmas day because one time is just not enough with this film. I could write a book but instead you can just ask me questions in the comments section.

    Here are some reactions from different media outlets. We will get more through out the day so I will just keep adding to the list.

    'Dreamgirls' is a dream come true — a perfect film (Golderby.com)
    'Dreamgirls' Fulfills All Oscar Dreams (Fox News)
    Dreamgirls Wake (moviecitynews.com)
    Dreamgirls" Screened to Applause...Who Smells Oscar? (rottentomatoes.com)
    In a Dazzling Adaptation, Jennifer Hudson Rockets to Fame (towelroad.com)
    The Eagle Has Landed (NY Times Carpetbagger blog)
    As Far As It Goes (Hollywood Elsewhere)
    Effie Supreme in Her Dream Role (London Daily Mail)

    Comments on "Dreamgirls Screening"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

    HO girl, you're SOOOOO lucky!!!
    When I think that I have to wait until february to see the movie, i Hate you LoL!!
    Ho what about the vocal performances Of Jennifer Hudson & Beyoncé?
    Why they did a Single song for "Step On Over"?
    And is "Love, Love you Baby" in the medley?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

    OMG... The movie was awesome. I saw it last night. The breakout is Jennifer Hudson. She commands the room with Love You I do... It had me saying.. Sannnnnnnnnnng B&*^&*! I mean, it was that good. WHEN THEY PERFORM at the OSCARS is going to be magical! TRUST ME

     

    Blogger DREAMGIRLS said ... (10:23 AM) : 

    Love Love you is in! Step on Over is sung but it's just a snippet.

     

    Blogger DREAMGIRLS said ... (10:26 AM) : 

    The vocal performances were stellar. Everyone sounded great especially jennifer hudson. I did miss not seeing Anika sing "Ain't No Party" but that's alright. Beyonce performed "Listen" nicely, it was a very intimate scene but nothing can overshadow Hudson's "And I am Telling You" and I would even argue that "I am Changing" got just as much applause as AIATY.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

    Well, Everybody talks about these 2 incredible scenes: "AIATY" & "Listen", I can't wait till february to see that, it's impossible, i'm going to die...
    I want to hear all these songs: "And I A Telling You", "I am Changing", "Dreams Medley", "One Night Only", "Heavy", "When I First Saw You".... -_-

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

    What about Love You I Do? Is it a powerhouse ballad like AIATING or IAC? Can't wait...
    The Press is giving rave reviews!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

    I saw the movie last night and it was PHENOMENAL! The true treat, in my opinion, was Anika Noni Rose. She steals every seen she's in and makes it seem so effortless!

     

    Blogger DREAMGIRLS said ... (1:34 PM) : 

    Love You I do, is a fun upbeat song. Very cute and Jennifer once again dazzles with her voice.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

    very nice :D
    and how was the one & only slow version? and the dreamgirls finale?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

    I, also, went to the screening in Atlanta...THE BEST MOVIE!!! EVERYONE WAS FAAABULOUS!!! JENNIFER HUDSON! (ENOUGH SAID)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

    I have already added my comments previously...but, I will say it again....OMG....This movie was AWESOME!!! Jennifer Hudson rocks it out. I saw it in Knoxville, TN and there was applause after all her songs...and a couple of "You Go, Girl". I think I even heard an "A-men". I look forward to seeing it again...and listening to the soundtrack over and over, so I can focus on the music.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

    I also saw it in knoxville... I have been a Jennifer fan since her first audition on AI when she sang "Share Your Love With Me"... she doesn't disappoint... she delivered the best movie musical performance since Funny Girl and it was incredible...

    Highlights were:
    of course And I Am Telling You
    Listen (I was skeptical)
    One Night Only (Deena version)
    Jimmy's Rap
    Anika in general (i was so pleased with her)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

    Some people seem to be pleased with Anika's performance!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

    This is the movie to beat for the Oscars. Everyone was incredible but Jennifer tore a hole in the screen. She was like a hurricane blowing through this movie. It was perfectly cast with a surprisingly effective Eddie Murphy. Anika Noni Rose was also incredible. I loved Listen when I first heard it but seeing Beyonce perform it in the film gave me goose pimples. What can I say about the "It's All Over sequence that leads into "And I Am Telling You". What an incredible sequence! I can't wait to see it again on 12/15

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

    I caught a preview here in NYC and I must say the movie was FABULOUS. Jennifer Hudson's going to win the Oscar for sure. That being said, let me also say that everyone else was incredible also. I already have my tickets so I can see it again!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

    i am so happy for JHUD, i knew she was going to make it big, i just knew, i mean how can anyone pass up that incredible and powerful voice, i love her so much and i am so happy for her and it just goes to show, that god works in mysterious ways and if you keep trying and trying it will always pay off in the long run!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

    Jennifer Hudson's singing takes over the movie like you would not believe. You can hear her spirit in her delivery. I was blown away! I forgot about you know who.

     

    Blogger chenlina said ... (10:45 PM) : 

    chenlina20160706
    louis vuitton
    cheap oakley sunglasses
    michael kors outlet online
    jordan 8
    coach factory outlet
    michael kors canada
    adidas running shoes
    christian louboutin outlet
    coach factory outlet
    ray ban sunglasses outlet
    instyler max
    designer handbags
    timberland boots
    nike factory outlet
    michael kors handbags
    fake watches
    adidas superstar
    fitflops
    oakley sunglasses
    ray ban outlet
    oakley sunglasses
    celine bags
    louis vuitton purses
    ralph lauren outlet
    coach factory outlet
    polo ralph lauren outlet
    nike trainers men
    celine handbags
    jordan retro 11
    polo ralph kids
    adidas uk
    michael kors handbags
    nike roshe run women
    michael kors outlet
    michael kors outlet online sale
    coach outlet online
    coach outlet
    adidas shoes
    adidas originals store
    ray ban sunglasses discount
    as

     

    post a comment