* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Friday, August 11, 2006

    DREAMGIRLS Early Screening Reviews

    Yesterday there was an early screening of DREAMGIRLS. A few people from the imdb boards attended and have posted their reviews. Click here to be connected to the board. Also Aintitcool.com also posted reviews of their early screening experience. Click here to read that. Let me just tell you. After reading all the reviews I am just excited. I'm also green with envy but my time will come. :) Here's a little excerpt from aintitcool.com's review:

    "As soon as the movie began, I knew Dreamgirls was in no way a traditional Broadway meets Hollywood musical. Writer/director, Bill Condon, intelligently stripped the movie of any Broadway cheesiness you might have seen in other movie musicals like The Producers and Rent. He instead kept the majority of the performances on stage and out of the street. By the time the first song was sung off stage, I was so engaged in the story I completely failed to notice or mind that it had even happened. The music itself is so infectiously singable. It has a vintage soulfulness that I think could easily make a big hit in todays music industry. It was no doubt a huge hit during the screening. Almost every number received cheering and loud applause. It was amazing to see the audience filled with energy and excitement after each number."

    Click here to read the full review.

    Another review has surfaced. Click here to read it. Here's an excerpt:

    "If you asked me before what I was going to think of this movie, I would have guessed it was going to be just OK, but my girlfriend was going to love it. So much for my predictions. I tell you man, this movie is F****** AMAZING. Definitely the best I've seen for a long, long time.I loved this movie, and the whole audience there went completely bananas for it. I saw the trailer probably six months ago but didn't have a feeling one way or the other about it. I didn't have any idea it was going to be as good as it is."

    Click here to read another review that I just found.

    Perezhilton.com now has a review up from one of his readers that attended the early screening. Click here to read that.

    SourcE: Thanks aashac for the tip and aintitcool.com

    Comments on "DREAMGIRLS Early Screening Reviews"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

    I saw the movie last night! Absolutely AMAZING!! Jennifer nailed her role!!

     

    post a comment