* Click once on the image to stop it and twice to enlarge.
  • Click here to watch 13 Dreamgirls Movie Clips
  • 01/30/07
    Oprah Oscar Special-Jennifer Hudson to appear

    02/25/07
    Oscars at 8pmET/5pmPT


    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, October 10, 2006

    Rolling Stone's 20th Annual Hot List

    Jennifer Hudson has been named Hot Rising Star in the 20th Annual Hot list for Rolling Stone.

    It reads:

    "I'd rather be a Dreamgirl than an American Idol any day." says Jennifer Hudson. The former Idol contestant beat the odds not just by winning a lead part in the hotly anticipated film adaptation of DREAMGIRLS, the hit Broadway musical, but also by turning in one of the movie's top performances- no small feat in an A-list cast that inlcludes Beyonce, Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy. Ironically, when it came to the crucial role of Effie, the Dreamgirl gets elbowed out of the spotlight, the two final contenders were both veterans of the 2004 edition of American Idol.

    Fantasia Barrino won the TV show, but Jennifer Hudson got the movie. More intimidating than Simon Cowell was the memory of Jennifer Holliday, who originated the role of Effie on Broadway in 1981 and sang the show's signature number, "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going." "Oh My God, Jennifer Holliday tore that song to pieces," says Hudson. "I had to seperate from that and connect with the song's emotion." If singing hadn't worked out, Hudson had two backup plans: Plan B was to become a tattoo artist. "Plan C was to be a mortician," she says, sounding oddly gleeful. "My uncle owns Hudson Funeral Home."

    Hudson, whose bold performance is being touted as the leading contender for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar (just as Murphy's startling star turn is generating talk of Best Actor nod), is now shuttling between L.A. and her hometown of Chicago, and going to the gym twice a day. "People say I lost forty pounds, and I'm walking around looking like a supermodel," she declaims. "And I'm like, 'Hold on, I lost only twenty pounds. I don't want to be no smaller than a size ten- I still got jelly.' "


    Source: October 19th Issue of Rolling Stone, Fergie on the cover.

    Comments on "Rolling Stone's 20th Annual Hot List"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

    Why don't you name your site "All about Effie". Thats all you ever posts about. Its not about all the Dreamgirls. You are a freak.

     

    Blogger DREAMGIRLS said ... (3:56 PM) : 

    I was going to erase the above comment but I wil leave it up because it's so utterly stupid. If you've been following my site you would know that I have posted a variety of things about Dreamgirls. It just so happens Jennifer is doing more promo related to Dreamgirls right now. So get over it. If you don't like it keep your punk ass moving. I will post what I want when I want.

    Kisses!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

    i'm not agree, if you followed the site you can find infos on every actors of the movie, and what's your Pbm with Effie?
    Lisa i love your site, i'm a big fan of Dreamgirls since the beginning and i can't wait 'til January 24th (when the movie will be released here in France).

    Thank for every articles you post and for all the infos, videos & sounds!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

    LMAO that comment above was very funny. This is DF from IMDB I'm not gonna lie I'm a Beyonce and I dont mind that Jennifer is doing more promo related to Dreamgirls. To be honest I'm see this movie for Beyonce and the story oh throw in Anika and thats what I'm going to see the movie for.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

    ???

     

    Blogger yanmaneee said ... (7:04 AM) : 

    adidas yeezy
    paul george shoes
    kate spade handbags
    kd 11
    golden gooses sneakers
    timberland
    birkin bag
    coach handbags
    moncler jacket
    balenciaga shoes

     

    post a comment